For the past 3 years I have worked with Fisher and Paykel Appliances as Business Analyst. I successfully provided applications support and completed multiple projects.
Key Achievements/Skills Developed:
- Worked with staff across the organisation to analyse and formulate successful solutions to a range of business problems, particularly in the area of freight management.
- Found and fixed a problem in accounts receivable which enabled the credit department to locate and recover $US 150,000 in outstanding accounts.
- Conducted intensive testing of development modifications to the JD Edwards system to ensure that upgrades worked as the business required when implemented in the production environment.
- Played a key role in the company’s major upgrade of JD Edwards OneWorld to Version 8.10, including analysing current business processes, developing and improving test plans and checking the upgraded system to ensure it did not impact on current processes.
- Responsible for setting up the dispatch and wastage sales processes in OneWorld as part of a project to relocate a factory to Thailand.
- Setup trading partners to use EDI, which allowed them to order directly from Fisher and Paykel’s system. This resulted in significant cost savings due to reduced sales staff requirements and quicker turn around of orders.
- Managed a project to upgrade the Cool Blue World Website to provide stock level information. The website is used by major customers to order products and spare parts.
- Successfully provided applications and helpdesk support to business users. Whilst on the helpdesk I resolved problems which ranged from user issues with generic applications such as Microsoft Excel to supporting important internal applications such as Slik. Also I specialised in providing support to users of the JD Edwards ERP system.
- Specific skills required in this role included: SQL, Microsoft Access, Excel and knowledge of JD Edwards ERP system.
JDE Module Experience:
I have worked with Address Book, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Inventory, Warehouse Management, Advanced Transportation Management, Purchasing and Sales Management.
The modules the I am most experienced with are Sales Management, Accounts Receivable, Inventory and Advanced Transportation.